January 27, 2010

Am i blue?

Not really. Or not on this spectacular day, last Saturday, when I decided that the it was too lovely to stay inside and organize or do laundry or some other menial weekend task. The temps were quite cool but the sun was warming.

I ventured outside with my camera, three boys, one dog and a frisbee. We played, I warmed up and I decided on the spot to do a study of my lovely blue gloves in varoius milieux. Those blue gloves (which I bought on super sale a couple of winters ago) are such a glaring contrast to the muted colors that are so pervasive this time of year.


I'm posting the result below.

I'd like to do a shout-out to Tati at Sticky Notes and also the gals at Material Evidence, whose shoots I find so inspiring!



I was trying to find a way to shoot Sandy the dog with my gloves, and sticking them in her collar was all I came up with. You'll see further down that Sandy herself found another way to solve that one!


Let the gloves fall where they may.


Bricks and gloves


Me and my beloved gloves



In the air!




Tree hugger!


She wouldn't give it up!


Garden gnome with gloves


Gloves at the graveyard.


Gloves with straw


Gloves with our snazzy Gladwyne fire hydrant.

5 comments:

susan said...

that tree hugger should be posted on a stock photo site and flickr. it's a fantastic image and super useful for adverts, presentations and stuff like that. love it!

(you're looking so cute! love the jeans in the boots thing. you're puss-in-boots cousin, fox-in-boots)

pudelflicka said...

Kreativa och härliga bilder Susan!
Kram Hedvig

Ulf Akerblom said...

I love you more and more for every day since the day it started.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love your gloves! And you too <3 Barbara

Anonymous said...

Those are some great-lookin' gloves! Will Sandy share?
Arf!
Liszt-loving Pooch