January 24, 2009

Five reasons to love Emma

Since it is Emma's birthday today, I'm taking the chance to list the reasons she is so great. I met Emma only two years ago when I moved back to the States. She is an incredible person. Here is why:

  1. She took me completely under her wing when we met.
  2. She is tons of fun, always up for whatever adventure you suggest. And she's pretty good at finding fun in the daily ratrace.
  3. She is a good person. She never talks about anyone in a negative way. And she gives people the benefit of the doubt.
  4. She is very generous, not necessarily with money, but with her time, energy and just herself. Sometimes she comes over with apple spice cake or Swedish cheese from IKEA. Just for the heck of it.
  5. She encourages me to exercise and eat right, just by setting a good example, not by lecturing me.
Emma, if you are reading this, happy birthday!! Much love to you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

susan
that is such a great gift to give someone - a list like that. you're lucky to have her! and she is, naturally, lucky to have you too.
loove the photo!
smooch

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
You said it so well -- can we add, love her b/c she makes everything look so easy -- and voila -- it IS easy!
Your photos are great, Susan, and your blog fun to read. You've got style, girl. Thanks for sending me the link. D

Laura @ Shoot-Scoop said...

Susan,

Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is GREAT. I chose this post to comment on because I think it's probably one of the most generous things you could give to a friend. Says a lot about who you are for doing it as well.

Pleasure!

Best,

Laura