April 26, 2010

A little vintage adventure

Last weekend, or maybe the weekend before, Emma and I hit a few church charity sales that were incredible. I got an amazing royal blue and white Bob Buchand for Sam Friedlander silk gown, very Jackie O with a big bow in the front. I got a 90's sequined black gown, a pretty modern Laundry by Shelli Segal red silk gown, and an outrageous kelly green 80's gown with a matching shawl. I plan to show them all later. Where o where shall I wear all my new gowns?

The next day, Tati called me and asked if I wanted to go to Vintage Connection in the city, so we took a drive on down. Tati got an amazing 1970's chiffon flowy gown which I am guessing she's going to feature on her blog soon. I picked up a little book about vintage fashion -- it's a nifty little guide to a whole bunch of stuff.

Heather (below) owns Vintage Connection and she has a lot of neat stuff from a few different decades. Not too expensive either. She blogs at Oh my, Miss Eliouse (cute name!).


Heather in front of her favorite rack.


Tati outside at 9th and Bambridge.


My new little book

Here's another shop we went to (photo is courtesy of Google Maps) called Yesterday's Treasures. The woman inside was nice. I didn't get her details. The shop was more of a consignment shop. Lots of stuff, but hard to get a feel for everything.

Stay tuned for more vintage finds!

1 comment:

heather said...

what a surprise! thank you so much for a beautiful post!
can't wait to see tati in that gorgeous dress!

stay in touch,
heather